Self books – these are recommended for happiness – which is a precursor to relationship happiness.
- Nonviolent Communication – Marshel Rosenberg, was involved in the peace talks for international community.
- Managing your mind – Gillian Butler, one of the founders of modern psychology.
- 7 Habbits of Highly Effective People – Get past the happy feel good stuff & he has some very good points about finding happiness.
- The four agreements – Ruiz writes an amazing interpretation of perspective here, I have two copies as one is not enough to loan out to friends.
- 6 Pillars of self-esteem – Nathaniel Branden. I am internally derived on my valuation system. For whatever reason it does not seem I can just pass it along to people, so I recommend this book for people that want to explore their own valuations.
- 5 Love Languages – For everyone, poly or not … Top selling book – See Gary’s online page here… Link – Wikipedia
- Partners in Passion – All around amazing couple. You have to see Mark & Patricia in person to believe.
- John Gottman’s work … https://www.gottman.com/blog/
- Designer Relationships – The accompanying book to Partner’s in passion – by Mark and & Patricia. For anyone who thinks about relationships, as demanded by their readers.
- The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work – Gottman has some conflicts, but more science/math model to back his book & runs several government programs for young couples …(Issues Link).
- Ethical Slut – This book is very well laid out.
- Opening Up – Well rated, high seller, focuses on protecting the couple at the expense of the others.
- More than Two – This one is ok, it stems from a kind of group think.
- Eight things I wish I knew about poly before I tried it and frakked up – Somewhat a cutsy book but humorous enough to read despite having read too many of these books.
- Redefining Our Relationships: Guidelines for Responsible Open Relationships – UK slant
- Sex at Dawn – Not really about making relationships work, but very salient in the perspective that we take certain assumptions by historians for granted.
- How to be an adult in relationships – Mindful Living
- Codependent no more – Melody Beattie
Reading list for later – I’m not as big on the religious aspects & flowery language – but there’s a lot of useful things from the editors at Brain Pickings …